Sunday, November 16, 2008

Treasure Principle Keys

This morning during our Sunday School hour we spent time praying for the upcoming 2009 budget year.  We opened our time of prayer by looking at Randy Alcorn's "Treasure Principle Keys"  from The Treasure Principle.  

1. God Owns Everything.  I'm His money manager.
We are the managers of the assets God has entrusted - not given - to us.
2. My heart always goes where I put God's money.
Watch what happens when you reallocate your money from temporal things to eternal things.
3. Heaven, not Earth, is my home.
We are citizens of "a better country - a heavenly one."  (Hebrews 11:16)
4. I should live not for the dot but for the line.
From the dot - our present life on earth - extends a line that goes on forever, which is eternity in heaven.
5. Giving is the only antidote to materialism.
Giving is a joyful surrender to a greater person and a greater agenda.  It dethrones me and exalts Him.
6. God prospers me not to raise my standard of living, but to raise my standard of giving.
God gives us more money than we need so we can give - generously.  



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can personally attest that these are life-changing principles.

Dvans said...

It's been quite a while since we've read this book and I'm reminded of the importance of priority checks often...thank you!