EFCA TouchGlobal Crisis Response is working overtime responding to the crisis in Haiti. The assessment team is networking with many other humanitarian organizations, the US military and others to mobilize and maximize help quickly. Our teams work each day from early in the morning until late at night securing needed resources and relief supplies and setting up locally-led distribution networks. In recent days, the team secured food for 6,000 people to be distributed in three communities. Other daily activities include:
- Assessing needs in numerous locations across the area
- Resourcing medical supplies for teams of doctors
- Working with Vision of Hope Ministries to support medical/humanitarian needs at a hospital for displaced people in Cape Haitian
- Working on logistics for long term staff and team presence
Here's what we can be praying for them:
- For the TouchGlobal first responder team which is physically exhausted. Pray for wisdom as they discern how best to focus their gifts as they serve an overwhelmingly needy people.
- For financial giving to meet the urgent needs they face.
- For EFCA construction and medical volunteers who will be needed soon on the ground.
- For French-speaking ReachGlobal staff who may be open to helping coordinate teams.
You can donate to specifically Christian-oriented relief teams in concert with missions to Haiti here.