This Sunday we begin a two week exploration of the theme of wise parenting in Proverbs. In preparation, we have stocked our book table with some of the best resources on parenting from a decidedly Christ-centered perspective we could find. I hope you will take advantage of them. The best new book on this topic, in my estimation, is William Farley's Gospel-Powered Parenting. At one point he helpfully lists seven ways in which the gospel affects parents and parenting. May you profit from them as much as I have.
1. The gospel teaches Christian parents to fear God.
2. The gospel motivates parents to lead by example.
3. The gospel centers families in their male servant leaders.
4. The gospel teaches and motivates parents to discipline their children.
5. The gospel motivates parents to teach their children.
6. The gospel motivates parents to lavish their children with love and affection.
7. The gospel is the solution for inaequate parents.